Thread: Help!

Unanswered: Help!

Hi all,

We are having a severe problem with session handling with Oracle 9.2 utilizing the ODP.NET driver. When we get to about 512 sessions the database becomes locked up and gives timeout errors. We have connection pooling and multiplexing enabled. I have 3 dispatchers which are allowed 1000 connections a piece with 20 max shared servers. This is the string we are using to connect with in .NET:
    "User Id=username;Password=password;Data Source=(DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 192.168.1.154)(PORT = 1521)) )(CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = SHARED) (SERVICE_NAME = oracle))); Enlist=no;Persist Security Info=no;Pooling=yes;Connection Lifetime=5;Max Pool Size=500;Min Pool Size=1;Decr Pool Size=5;Connection Timeout=120;";

Can anyone help?

We have a lower concurrent user count (~150), but we have our init.ora dispatchers set to

Code:
    (protocol=tcp)(dispatchers=30)
    Maybe 3 is too low? Selecting the appropriate value here is not a science for me, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

-cf

Chuck...thanx for the info. What we have gone ahead and done was basically set the instance to no connection pooling and set Pooling=no. This worked perfectly for us. Now all of our sessions are being created and destroyed in a timely manner.