Unanswered: moving a database to another physical disk

I want to move 2 databases to another physical disk. They are both single file databases. It looks like a fairly straigtforward attach and detach procedure, but I have a couple of questions:

The log files (.ldf) currently reside on a separate physical disk from the data files, if I attach and reattach the data files will the logs remain where they are by default or do I have to re specify there location?

Is there any advantage to running the update statistics portion of the sp_detach_db?

on the wrong server
    Provided Answers: 6
    with the re-attach procedure you can specify the location of the log file as well. See the article in BOL and this is probably the quickest method. However the same thing can be done with backup and restore using the with move and replace arguments.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.