Unanswered: Best way to move Oracle 9i to a new server

Greetings..

I'm going to be moving our Oracle 9i database from an old, worn out server to a new server and I'm trying to find out the best way to do it.
    Both servers are Win 2K. The original server has everything between the C: drive and the E: drive.

I want to put everything on the D: of the new server.

I thought about just installing Oracle on the new server and doing a full export from the original server but I think there will be a problem since the drives are not the same. Am I wrong about this? Is there a better way?

Thanks for any help.

Provided Answers: 4
    I believe that Export will not mind new locations of data files; this utility is operating system independant - that's why you can export tables at work and bring them home, import and everything is fine. Full database export and import should do it correctly.

However, as I'm not a DBA, wait for another opinion.

Provided Answers: 1
    The Import/Export utility is data-driven, not file-driven, so you should have no problems
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.

Export will work, however you have one problem.

You will need to pre-create your tablespaces. When you do a full import, if the tablespace doesn't already exist, import will attempt to recreate the tablespace using the drive paths from the database the export was made from. If the tablespaces are already there (make sure the sizing is correct), then every thing works great.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

just cold-backup the database and move the files over.
    you can relocate the tablespaces anywhere you want and just create a
    backup controlfile beforehand in order to rename the paths.
    - The_Duck
    you can lead someone to something but they will never learn anything ...

Thanks all.. I'll let you know how it comes out.