Unanswered: Access97/2003 Server

I have a automated Call-in system with 8 lines in a pacer system using VB6. I am also using 2 access 97 databases on a windows 2003 server. One is the main database for data storage for input from the caller, and the other is a task manager database that executes specific tasks at certain time, on certain days, and exports data from the main database to a UNIX system. The problem comes in when the task manager database try's to generate the reports in the main database, it crashes the database and closes access and leave a lock file with no error code from access or from windows 2003 server. I can open the same database from my pc or anyother pc, which are XP and win2k systems, and generate the reports and it works great, but crashes the database on the 2003 server system when generating the reports. Below is what I have done.

Even though the install of access goes cleanly I believe I have a problem with reports using VBA in any way. All reports, regardless of record source, complexity or function call, will crash if any VBA event is called. I have tried:

1. uninstall access and reinstall access

2. check the reports from other machines ( they work properly)

3. check for references. (they are all there)

4. create a new report from scratch.

5. create a new database.

6. create a report with no recordset, and just call the function with
    no code in the call and it still crashes

7. reinstall the printers

8. use different printers

I can call macros and use VBA code from a module, but no report events like format or retreat or print can be used without access crashing. Windows does not prompt me of what the error is and the lock files remain even though I'm the only one accessing the file.

The purpose of this is that I have auto exports and reports that come from a vb6 application. everything works except for the reports. I have found that my msjet.dll is not the current version and I updated with service pack 1, but since it happens even if there is no recordset at all in the report, updating didn't help either. I also updated the service pack and still the database crashes when you try to open a report with any vba code behind the report.

Does anyone have a clue as to what is happening? Is there a conflict between Access97 and Windows 2003 Server? Is there a work around or solution to solving this problem? Please help, anyone, someone

Thanks in advance,
    campsterqt

Is there a printer installed on the win server 2003 box? Cand you open and preview a simple report with no VBA?

Yes you can open a simple report with no vba code in it, and yes the printers are installed on the 2003 Server machine.

Also like I mentioned in my post, you can create a report with no recordset, and just call the function with no code in the call at all and it still crashes the database. It seems if you have any event on the report it crashes the database, you dont even have to have a single line of code in it.

Does anyone know of any other resources I could find some answers on possible conflicts or compatibility between 2003 Server and Access 97?