Unanswered: Username/Password

Hi,

I've just created a database manually, and a simple user afterwards. When I connected to that database as that simple user through the command line, everything worked just fine. Then I tried to do the same thinh through the SQLPLUS interface and I got the "ORA-01017: Invalid username/password", yet, I had specified the database I wanted to connect to in the "Connection Identifier" field.

How can I please solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Are you trying to connect as SYS?

If so, try:
    Code:
    connect sys/passwd@instance as sysdba
    Saludos,
    DKG.

Hi DKG,

Thanks for your reply. I did what you suggested, and it seemed to work. But when I tried granting sysdba privileges to the user, I got an error message "ORA-01999: Password file mode changed from exclusive to shared". Should I keep only one database running?

Provided Answers: 4
    Would this help?
    ORA-01999 password file mode has changed from 'string' to 'string'

Cause: Another instance has started with the FORCE_PASSWORD_FILEMODE initialization parameter, which is incompatible with the startup mode of your instance.

Action: Shut down your instance and start up later when the password file changes are completed for the other instance.

It helped indeed. I let the database alone for the entire day, yesterday and this morning when I tried to connect it worked. Hower the database couldn't open. I got the "ORA-01092:Oracle instance terminated, Disconnection forced." I checked the Alert log file and there, the error "Ora-01403 No data found" was logged, yet I didn't issue any "select into" statement
    Last edited by adomi; 06-11-06 at 03:58.

Provided Answers: 4
    So the database isn't up? In another words, this doesn't work?

OS> SQLPLUS / AS SYSDBA
    SQL> STARTUP

I really wouldn't know where the ORA-01403 comes from ... could it be that there's a LOGON database trigger which selects something and doesn't handle the NO-DATA-FOUND exception properly?

Basically,yes. When I issued the /sysdba, I got connected to an idle instance. Then I issed the startup command. It proceeded well, the instance started, the database was mounted and then Bam! Disconnection forced. I checked the alert log file and it said it couldn't open the database because the pmon process had encountered a problem. When I followed the location of the file where the pmon error was logged in, I read the pmon process encounted a no data found error.

How could I possibly set a on logon database trigger when the database does not open? Could the prob be with control files?