I am new to Oracle. I have read about exception handling in manuals & books. I also have used them in my code to some extend. However, I am not very satisfied with that. Can somebody please send me some good link or suggest about effective exception handling in oracle. The java middle call PL/SQL APIs(procs/funs). For example:
1. When should I not handle exception in PL/SQL proc/fun.
2. When should I handle and log them in app_error_table and re-raise.
3. When should I handle and log them in app_error_table and raise custom exception.
4. When should I use raise_application_error() to throw business rule voilation exception.
5. In function should I through exception or return error values.