Unanswered: Set Focus on form

I have 2 forms. The first one has a groupbox where the user selects their username, and an option box where they choose either group1, group2, or group3.

The second form has a variety of fields that I want the user to fill out. These fields are in groups. Group1 may have 10 fields, Group2 has 5, and Group3 has 12.

Now, what I want is this: When the user selects Group1 from the first form, I want the fields in Group2 and Group3 to be greyed out. I don't want the user to be abe to update any of them. If they choose Group2, groups 1 & 2 will be greyed out, etc.

How do I do this?

outside the rim
    Since Acces doesn't let you create control arrays (directly) like VB does, you have to either do it manually, or get a little creative.

A neat little trick is to use the Tag property. Put a 1 in the Tag for all group 1 controls, ditto for groups 2 and 3.

Using code similar to the following, you can enable and disable the desired controls. This code I snabbed from my current project where the user complets the form in stages, so groups of controls get enabled at a time (similar to what you're asking for):
    Public Sub MoveFocus(EnableControl As String, DisableControl As String, FormName As String, WithLock As Boolean)
        Dim ctl As Control
        Dim frm As Form
        Set frm = Forms(FormName)
        On Error Resume Next
        For Each ctl In frm.Controls
            If WithLock Then
                If ctl.Tag = EnableControl Then ctl.Locked = True
                If ctl.Tag = DisableControl Then ctl.Locked = False
                If ctl.Tag = EnableControl Then ctl.Enabled = True
                If ctl.Tag = DisableControl Then ctl.Enabled = False
            End If
        If Err Then Err.Clear
        Set ctl = Nothing
        Set frm = Nothing
    End Sub
    Have fun. As always, there are various ways - somebody will likely post a better way

have fun!

Todd S.
    click to email

Independent Development Consultant
    Biz db & reports - SQL, Access, Crystal, Seradex and more
    Small, custom, unique programs - Office, VBA, .NET

Favorite message from Windows:
    There was an error displaying the previous error message

Sadly, there was no error number to look up ...