Unanswered: autonumber problem

I have a bound form that has data that is updated regularly. my problem is that when the table is updated it places 000000 in the account number cell so i end up with a bunch of records with that 00000 number in them also when i go to print reports these records are included with the reports. is the a way to have them deleted or filtered out? the date feild does not print on the reports either.

thanks,
    knottrodney

Don't deal with the problem retrospectively. Find out why 000000 is going into the account number cell and stop it happening.

You have given very little information so it's difficult to suggest why it might be happening.
    CHris

Provided Answers: 1
    You can make both
    Filter out
    PHP Code:
      SELECT From yourTable 
                  WHERE thisField 
    <> "0000000" 

Delete
    PHP Code:
      DELETE From yourTable 
                  WHERE thisField 
    <> "0000000" 
    That is all in case your field is alphanumeric

Provided Answers: 1
    Forgot to say
    When you filter out make a Query to filter the data and use it as the RowSource of your report

When you delete, run it as DoCmd, then use the table as the RowSource of your report

i really don't know why its doing it. when the records are updated using a combo box to select the client and account number instead of being stored under the correct account number and client name it creates these 000000 numbers with the data in them. i think it have something to do with the way i designed the table. the way it works is that the employee selects a client from a combo box and then updates that clients information. when i go to look at the information in the table the updated record is there but it is being stored under this 00000 number.

thanks,
    knottrodney

sounds like a problem in the way the form is set up. Are you using a "Parent/Child" form setup? If not, then you may want to look into it. Look for help on using "Sub Forms" for info.

good luck,
    tc