Red face Unanswered: Access VBA copy paste in Excel

Hi

Im having problmes with copy paste in excel when using vba code in access. Either new rows dont contain the correct formulas or a application/object error is given. Any ideas please....

I have an access application that has been converted to 2003, it generates a report by inserting one record at a time into excel. A second piece of code then inserts a new row in the excel and copies the row to the new row so the data scrolls down the screen.

The rows contain formulas and values. Ive tried the following code but all seem to have their own problems

'XLXWorksheet.Rows(lRow + iOffset) = XLXWorksheet.Rows(lRow).Value 'dosnt copy formulas

'XLXWorksheet.Rows(lRow + iOffset) = XLXWorksheet.Rows(lRow).Formula 'dosnt update relative formula cell refs so formulas useless

'XLXWorksheet.Range(srcStart, srcEnd).Copy
    'XLXWorksheet.Paste Destination:=XLXWorksheet.Range(destStart, destEnd) 'app/obj defined error after 4000 rows

I have a feeling that the copy paste solution fails because the clipboard cant cope with the ammount of data, please let me know if you know any possible causes/solutions, thanks

As far as I can see you have the wrong syntax for the copy paste.

Also it's hard to tell why your code is failing without knowing the values of the variables.

Thanks,

The xls data is various character, number and currency values and xls formula, sorry but I cant post an example.

Please can you let me know what is wrong with the syntax as this is from a MS example.

I don't if this is much help but for Excel code I tend to record a macro of me performing the action and then tidy the code up.

BTW - I think Norie meant the value of the variables (e.g. destStart) not the cells.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

thanks, nice suggestion, ill have a try.
    Any other ideas please let me know

p.s. The destStart etc are strings containing the cell reffs i.e. A17, BF17.

Eh, I didn't ask for any examples/data.
    Code:
    XLXWorksheet.Range(srcStart, srcEnd).Copy Destination:=XLXWorksheet.Range(destStart, destEnd)

Provided Answers: 1
    Hi

Just my tuppence worth,

This will copy values including turning formulars to values
    XLXWorksheet.Rows(lRow).Copy
    XLXWorksheet.Rows(lRow + iOffset).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues

This will copy cell contents (valus as values, formulars as formulas with relational as relational and absolute as absolute or any mixture).
    XLXWorksheet.Rows(lRow).Copy
    XLXWorksheet.Rows(lRow + iOffset).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlFormulas

With regards to the last Item, without knowing the range of address involved, I can only comment that you only need to specifythe anchor address for the destination. ie
    XLXWorksheet.Range(srcStart, srcEnd).Copy
    XLXWorksheet.Paste Destination:=XLXWorksheet.Range(destStart)

I don't know if that helps ?

Excel is quite flexible and you can use this syntax or that suggested by norie

Without resorting to R1C1 notation and copying cells individually I do not know if you can COPY a relation formular and retain it's absolute address, if that is what you are trying to do ?

MTB