Unanswered: send current date?

I have a command button that i want to click on and when i click on it i want to send the current date to a field name closed. I tried using the expression builder but i can't figure it out.

Where is this field name? Is this in a table? What is the table name? Is there a record in this table? How is this record identified? Are you wanting to create a new record?
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

The field name is in a Query named Active Database with a record in the table EAR Database. I am not wanting to create a new record. I created a form named Active Database Closed. On this form I want to click on a command, when I click on that command, it send the current date to the field Closed which is also on the form.

Then just make that assignment then ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

What do you mean by that? I created a command button, went in and built an expression under click, but it did not work.

Provided Answers: 19
    Redo the command button and instead of building an expression, opt to use code, then assign the date to the field Closed by entering this:

Me.Closed.Value = Date()
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007