Unanswered: Need help with FileMaker Pro 6!

Hi,

I have just started using Adobe FileMaker Pro 6 for the convenience of keeping records of my patients. Here are my questions:

1) Is there anyway i can create subgroups or subfields?
    Example: Disease I
    a. Symptoms I
    b. Symptoms II etc
    I can easily create 'Disease I' as a field, but i can't figure out how to create field within a field for 'Symptoms I' and 'Symptoms II.' Is it even possible in FileMaker Pro 6?

2) I have created fields like 'Disease I' in 'Pop-Down Menu' format. What i want is to say, i select 'Symptoms I,' from that list, then have another field right beneath it which would show other options. If i didn't myself clear, here's another example: I have a field, which requires a person to either select 'Yes' or 'No.' As soon as you press 'Yes,' another 'Pop-Down Menu' or something pops up with more options like with questions whether it is 'Positive' or 'Negative.' If i choose 'No,' nothing happens.

That's all for now. I have to submit the database soon, so any immediate help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by anonymous_12; 06-13-06 at 00:10. Reason: Figured out how to calculate age...

If I am reading correctly with what you are tryingto achieve, You need to setup a relational database.

Then setup your drop menu (reading from the relational database field) "Use values from field" choose yhe related file and field

With the second field also relelated, FM will dymanically bring in the reqired data releated to that record.

First of all, thanks for replying.
    Second, when defining Relationships between fields, won't i have to create another database? If so, would that databse just contain the information of the subgroups that i want to create? Could you explain more or provide Step-by-Step instructions as i am only a Novice and that would be most helpful.

Regarding my second question, i have been trying to use Script...here are my fuctions but it's not working:

If [Muscle Biopsy: = "Yes"]
    Perform Field ["Postivie or Negative:"]
    Else
    End If

"Muscle Biopsy:" is a field and so is "Positive or Negative:" I also used "Muscle Biopsy:" just to define the field more accurately.
    As i press "Ok," i get error message, "The field cannot be found."
    What am i doing wrong?

- Anonymous_12