Unanswered: Locking a database

Question for the group? How would I lock a database so that it has limited abilities unless the user enters a key to unlock it?

What I want to do is distribute an Access Database to a client for limited use so that they can get a feel for the database and if it meets their needs. If they like it they will send me payment and I will in turn send them a registration key to unlock the database.

I envision having a key stored in an If...Then statement. On the Help Menu will be a Registration Dialog Box for the end user to enter the Registration Key, storing it into a table. If the correct key is entered it will pass through the If...Then statement unlocking the database, if not the database remains locked with limited abilities. The database will be saved as a MDE file.

Search the forum - this topic has already been hashed and somebody even submitted a sample DB containing a method for locking distribution.

tc

I tried searching for the following:

- Distributing a database
    - Locking a database

I did not have any luck. If you could point me to the thread or tell how my search string should be worded I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Provided Answers: 59
    try again searching for
    security
    workgroup
    secure
    permissions
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton