Unanswered: SQL2005 from Access2003

Hi,

Just wondering if some one can help me out here I know that we can work with access2003 as a front end and SQL2000 as a back end. What I am trying to do now is working with SQL2005 as a back end I was wondering if it can be done ( I can access it but having errors creating tables etc).

Thanks

Sorry I was not sure where exactly to post this topic as it relates to both dbs so I have posted this same thread in Access as well.
    Last edited by azshah; 06-13-06 at 21:23. Reason: mistyped

Provided Answers: 1
    Hmmm...I'm sure you can link tables from Access to SQLSRV 2005. I'm not sure that you can create and Access Data Project with 2005 as a backend. I'll have to give that a try.

What errors are you getting?
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

Thanks for the reply.... the error was something like You have connected to a version of SQL Server later than SQL Server 2000. The version of Visual Studio or Access that you are using was released before the version of SQL Server to which you are connected. For this reason, you might encounter problems....
    So now I have downloaded Access 2007 and it seemed to be working pretty fine with MSSQL2005 .

Thanks
    Last edited by azshah; 06-14-06 at 14:30.