Unanswered: Link Access tables to a word processing software

Hi everyone,

I am developing a large book of information and data to create a fact book with data, graphics, charts, and text. I am in need of the ability to change data in an MS Access table or query that will automatically update the data fields in the document without altering the look of the page or formatting of the text. Currently, I am creating the book in MS Word and using MS Access to pull my data, then manually keying the data into the document. I would like the ability to update the data in an Access table or query and have this data automatically updated in my document. I heard Adobe Design Suite is a good tool to use for this purpose but am not certain. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Jaye210

Provided Answers: 19
    If I understand your problem correctly, I don't think you need anything but what you already have, Access and Word. Have a look at this site:

http://www.databasedev.co.uk/access_mail_merge.html
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Thanks for your help, however a mail merge would not be as helpful in my situation. I would need to be able to specify a particular field and record in an Access table to place in certain areas of the document.

Provided Answers: 19
    I realised that a mail merge wasn't what you were attempting, but this link explains how to
    specify a particular field and record in an Access table to place in certain areas of the document
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007