Unanswered: clearing cells and saving the formula

I am trying to clear the contents of cells without losing the formula in the cell. i have tried to lock the worksheet, but then i can't edit or add new data. is there something different i can do to keep the formulas when i clear the cells?

thanks
    knottrodney

Quote Originally Posted by knottrodney
    I am trying to clear the contents of cells without losing the formula in the cell. i have tried to lock the worksheet, but then i can't edit or add new data. is there something different i can do to keep the formulas when i clear the cells?

thanks
    knottrodney
    Try this, but please MAKE a copy of your workbook first!!!
    Example all your formula are in Sheet1

Worksheets("Sheet1").Select
    Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 23).Select
    Selection.ClearContents

where do i place this code? is there a sub that I run the code under or is there another way to do it in excel, possibly a macro?

thanks,
    knottrodney

Quote Originally Posted by knottrodney
    where do i place this code? is there a sub that I run the code under or is there another way to do it in excel, possibly a macro?

thanks,
    knottrodney
    oh well..depends how you want it to be, if u want to have a click of the button, then make a button, lets call it cmdDelete, then u should put the code in cmdDelete_Click().

if u want only when u open the workbook that time, it clear away the value, then put it in Workbook_Open()

Yes, there is somewhere in the excel u can write code, it is under Tools->Marco try out the marco (we called it vba) then u will find out that is much more excel can do for u.

Have fun!!

example on delete without clearing formula

here i attach one example for you
    Attached Files Attached Files

if u prefer to do it manually, try this

select all the content of your sheet, include value and formula, everything

then press Alt-E, then press G, then Alt-S. Lastly, choose contants. then just delete

got it?