Unanswered: Dynamic Report Generation grouped by date

hey guys,

I have this table with records that have an associated date with them and I need to generate a report that would group them by date, ie subheading would be June, July, ...

On top of this, I need to create the report dynamically such that I could expose user settings in the calling form. pretty much in the same way that win XP implements a start date and end date function to its 'search' tool

So if user inputs june 2005 as start date and february 2006 as end date
    all records that fall within that span of time would appear in the report grouped, of course, by month.

I could only think of lengthy vb code solutions, so I'm soliciting for leaner and more efficient ways.

Thanks

syntaxerror
    Only quitters quit!

Quote Originally Posted by syntaxerror
    hey guys,

I have this table with records that have an associated date with them and I need to generate a report that would group them by date, ie subheading would be June, July, ...

On top of this, I need to create the report dynamically such that I could expose user settings in the calling form. pretty much in the same way that win XP implements a start date and end date function to its 'search' tool

So if user inputs june 2005 as start date and february 2006 as end date
    all records that fall within that span of time would appear in the report grouped, of course, by month.

I could only think of lengthy vb code solutions, so I'm soliciting for leaner and more efficient ways.

Thanks

syntaxerror
    Not sure what u need, but i have tried using my sample data to get a query out

SELECT PaymentEnquiries.CaseID, Month([PaymentEnquiries].[DateLogged]) AS MonthDateLogged
    FROM PaymentEnquiries
    WHERE (((Month([PaymentEnquiries].[DateLogged]))<>''))
    ORDER BY Month([PaymentEnquiries].[DateLogged]);

then i get a report using the access wizard, and i got a repot out and have its screen shot taken.
    Report_Screenshot.doc

This report will have Case ID and Month of a date line up in a ascending order, if you prefer a group by month of the date report then change the SQL query abit with Group by Month([PaymentEnquiries].[DateLogged]), but then you cant have all the case ID listed out, you might need to take the Count of case ID.