Unanswered: How do I script out a DTS package?

Hi all!

I'm trying to port over existing databases to a new production server. How do I get related DTS packages moved over?

Thanks in advance,
    Cat

1. Open the DTS package in design mode
    2a. Save as VB file, copy to new server, open as vb file, make appropriate changes, save as DTS package
    2b. Save DTS package on new server, make appripriate changes, save again on new server.

-- This is all just a Figment of my Imagination --

Provided Answers: 6
    does'nt the structured storage file work a little better for this kind of thing?
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasymachus
    does'nt the structured storage file work a little better for this kind of thing?
    Yes, but I'm not sure how to load it back into SQL Server in either case. Double-clicking the file doesn't work and I can find any "open" functionality in EM.

Cat

Ahhh, I found it. Right-click on "Data Transformation Services" gives you an "Open Package".

Thanks a bunch!
    Cat