Unanswered: Synchronizing Subforms

Here's an interesting one.

Here's the short and sweet:
    How would I have three sub forms that pull data from the same query stay in synch with each other when any one of them is scrolled?

Here's the details:
    I have a fancy "Advanced Lookup Wizard" that I put together. The problem is, the data that is returned has a LOT of fields - it is essentially three groups of info: Lead Information + Order Information + Distribution Information for each order.

Currently, I'm using a continuous form with each record spread out across a single row, and I had to shorten some fields and remove other fields to make it palatable. There is an option for exporting the entire result to Excel.

I'd like to put in a tab control and have a sub form with each group of data on each tab, but when the user scrolls down one sub form and finds a record of interest and clicks a different tab, I'd like the other sub forms to be on the same record.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    tc

Hi tc

Not sure what you can do re synchronising the actual scrolling however you could (I think - untested ) synchronise the subforms when a user selects a record. In this case OnCurrent would fire up. The relevent subF could check it's recordset bookmark property (or get the PK value(s)) and pass this to the parent form. The parent form could then search\ loop through the other two subF recordsets until it finds the correct record.

I have this principle working in a prod db (It is a date picker lookup form - I use this to ensure that the current date is at the top of the form).

Any mileage?
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Hi pootle, thanks for the ideas.

I was not able to get it working directly as stated - I wasn't able to get to sf2 from within sf1 to change it's bookmark. I could make it work indirectly, by having each sf setup as "parent/child" and using the sf's current property to change the record of the parent form (which then changes every sf to match). Draw back: the sf's only display one record, since it's the only record that matches.

As you scroll through data, Access has to keep track of how many rows of data fit on the detail and which record is at the top. Are these properties available (they're not documented)?

tc