Unanswered: Not sure what this is called

I have a form. When the user clicks a button on that form, I want to open up a table view where the user can then cut/paste records into this table. When done, I want to spin through these records, do some calculations, and then insert them into another table.

Would this be done using a sub form, or what?

It would look easier with a subform with its default view set to Continuous, then you could patch in the calculations routine on the subform's afterupdate event... not to be confused with the parent form's subform, because it aint got no afterupdate event.
    Only quitters quit!

I'm not sure I understand your suggestion here. Here's what I need to do when user clicks on an option button...

1) open up an Access table and allow the user to paste records from an Excel spreadsheet into this table

2) close the table they just added records to

3) query this table for records the user just added. This table only has 2 fields (UserID, StcokClass). I only want this user's records as this table may contain others.

4) insert these records into another table

I truly cannot appreciate what you're getting at,

but here's what I would do,

I'd create a temporary data table, generate a form from there, in datasheet view.

turn it into a subform... on the parent form, I would have the button that you're talking about.

on the click event, I can append queried data from the temp table to where I want it to go.

one for your unfiltered table and another for that other table that has specific user id.

... and finally empty out the temp table.

-syntaxerror
    Only quitters quit!