Unanswered: Pointing Backups to a Shared Drive

Using DB2 v7.2, running on Windows Server 2000.
    I connect remotely to this server to start the Control Center. From a CMD prompt, I can see my shared drive (net use) and I can view this share using Windows Explorer. From within the Control Center/Backups, this shared drive is not listed, hence, it seems I'm having difficulty correctly pointing to this shared drive for my backup. I'm thinking I don't have my syntax correct, but am stumped at the moment.... any suggestions?

I would think that if it's available to DB2, the drive designator should be listed in the Backup/Drive List.

shared drive

in db2 v7 it must be a local drive I believe.
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula

Quote Originally Posted by guyprzytula
    in db2 v7 it must be a local drive I believe.
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Thank you for responding to my question. Can you point me to any documentation that makes this statement? I have to provide this to my manager.

Thanks!

backup

the command ref states :
    TO dir/dev
    A list of directory or tape device names. The full path on which the directory resides must be specified. The target must reside on the database server.

Quote Originally Posted by guyprzytula
    the command ref states :
    TO dir/dev
    A list of directory or tape device names. The full path on which the directory resides must be specified. The target must reside on the database server.

Thanks for your help.

Just an FYI for anyone looking at this that may have a similiar problem.
    In DB2 UDB v7.x using CC or CLP, you get an error "invalid drive" when pointing to a remote drive for backups. You can however, successfully export to a remote drive in both CC and/or CLP. I believe this has been resolved in v8.x