Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: Problem in OEM with Events

(Using 9i on W2K)

I am the only Oracle DBA at my site - in my absence daily maintenance is carried out by others with little or no Oracle experience, which is why I have scheduled jobs to run through OEM (it makes it easier on the others when I'm not there).

I have also set up some events (again, using OEM) to fire off emails if certain situations ocur (e.g. locks, CPU overload); I am now trying to set up an event that will fire off an email if one of the scheduled jobs fails - the intention is that when I am absent the others will be notified via email if any action needs taking, rather then them having to go looking to make sure things are OK.

I have set up 2 events - one for broken jobs & one for failed jobs, & then purposely run a job via OEM that fails; however, no email alert was produced.

I know that Events work, as the other registered events work OK, I know that the email alerts work, as I get emails from the other registered events, so the problem looks to be very much to do with the 2 specific events that I have created - there is no record of the failed job triggering either of the 2 events.

I have googled for the past couple of days & not turned up anything - Does anyone have any ideas as to what I might have missed or done wrong (apart from getting non-Oracle people cover for me in my absence )?

Thanks in advance...
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.

I ran into the same problem with broken jobs or the database going down. I couldn't get the oem to trigger on those events, so I wrote my own little proc that runs in the job queue and monitors those events and fires an email on those conditions.

Gregg

Thumbs down Shame on OEM!

Not only job events don't work, but other events work poorly. We have created 'Database Down' events to check every five (5) minutes if any of our db's is down and send a 'pager and e-mail' alert.

If we shutdown a database to test this event, we do receive a page and e-mail but only after 45 min. to 1 hour after the occurrence.

The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

Provided Answers: 1
    Well as long as it's not something I've done (or not done) then!
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.