Thread: SYSADM Question

Unanswered: SYSADM Question

Running DB2 UDB v7.2 under Windows Server 2000. Installed DB2 and created the default db2admin ID. The Network Administrator states that he has created a SYSADM group (SYSADM) and put db2admin and my ID into this group, yet, when I log into DB2 using db2admin, I'm able to create a backup. If I log into DB2 using my own ID, I get an error msg stating that I do not have the proper authority to perform the requested task. I am also unable to create a db.

Am I missing some step I should have performed in DB2? I did not update dbm cfg parameters for this. From what I read, security is controlled by Windows. How can I verify that the Network Admin set my ID up correctly?

Try this:

db2 udpate dbm cfg using SYSADM_GROUP SYSADM
    db2stop
    db2start
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_A
    Try this:

db2 udpate dbm cfg using SYSADM_GROUP SYSADM
    db2stop
    db2start

Had done this previously and changed back to NULL because I saw no change at that time. This morning I found out that my ID had not been set up correctly at the Windows level. My ID at the AD level was "Administrator" but my ID was created on the server machine and was not set to "Administrator". After resolving this issue, I set SYSADM within dbm cfg and things seem to be working correctly now.

Thank you for your response.