Question Unanswered: Unknown error returned when using admin_cmd() to export data

Hi,

I would like to know if anyone uses SYSPROC.ADMIN_CMD() to export data and encounter error before? I got the following error when i called it.
    SQL0969N There is no message text corresponding to SQL error "-2079391743" in the message file on this workstation. The error was returned from module "SQLEFTKN" with original tokens "<database_name>".

here is what i have called.
    CALL SYSPROC.ADMIN_CMD('export to /path/table1.del OF DEL select * from table1')

I am using v8.1.1.89 with FixPak "9" on AIX. "/path" is valid and the user calling this store proc has proper privilege to write file to /path.

Thank you for your help!
    Last edited by miyuki; 06-20-06 at 22:36.

Quote Originally Posted by miyuki
    I am using v8.1.1.89 with FixPak "9" on AIX. "/path" is valid and the user calling this store proc has proper privilege to write file to /path.

Thank you for your help!
    Does the instance owner also have the proper privileges to write to the /path directory?

Thank you for your response.
    Sorry, I am not really getting what you mean.

DB2 was created by root. Is it what u mean by instance owner??

If you instance name is db2inst1 then user db2inst1 automatically is the instance owner.

Provided Answers: 5
    Actually it is the db2 fenced user that needs to have write rights to the directory. The admin_cmd stored procedure runs as a fenced process and as such is ran under the fenced user. This user is normally db2fenc1.

Andy

I have the instance owner named "tu1" and an user "appuser1" to run the stored proc. appuser1 also has write access to "/path"

GertK,

Do you suggest that "tu1" also needs the write access to /path in order to export data to /path?

ARWinner,
    I am not sure what is db2 fenced user. In my case, do you mean "appuser1" is the db2 fenced user and so admin_cmd stored proc should be able to run under "appuser1"?

Correct me if I am wrong.

Provided Answers: 5
    I cannot tell you what your Fenced User is. It is defined at the time an instance is created. (This usually happens when DB2 is installed). I have not yet figured out a way to ask the server/instance who is the fenced user. You will need to ask the person who created the instance.

Andy

The OP can check under which user the db2fmp process is running, this process runs the fenced procedures. If I do remember well the command 'ps -ef|grep db2fmp' should give the needed info on AIX.

Thank a lot for all of you! I really find out that appuser1 is not one of the fenced users. I will discuss with my teammates to see how to deal with this issue.