Unanswered: analyze of newly introduced table in System

I have introduced a new work table in my batch application job to enhance the performnece of the batch job. Earlier it was opening cursors with complex joins of several heavy tables and was taking lot of time.By this work table things will be simplified to a great extent.The changes will go in production in next 10 days..

Am I right in assuming that we need somehow to get the new work table analyzed with sufficient data in it before the first run if we are to avoid a performance issue.

Di i need to really put in data which is expected in this table (250000 records)
    and get this analyzed. Will there be any performence gains or I can simply avoid this and expect the same performence gains.

or fake it ...

exec dbms_stats.set_table_stats( user, <'user'>, numrows => 250000, numblks => <num-of-blocks> );

should i get this analysed

My original question is that should I get this fill up by sufficient data and get analysed.

Well if the CBO works as advertised (not always the case ) I would suggest analyzing it regularly until you feel your data distribution has reached the point where it wont change very much. It would be wise to monitor your processes until you reach that point by say putting in debug info which times critical points in your process.

Alan