Unanswered: Date Add Function

I am trying to filter dates based on the DateAdd field in my query. It will not allow me to use specific criteria in the query under the DateAdd field. I can filter if I use enter the date in the expression such as Between #04/01/2005# And #05/01/2007# in the DateAdd field. I want to filter the criteria based on the parameters I enter in a form. I am using this as my expression.

Between [Forms]![Employee Information]![Start Date] And [Forms]![Employee Information]![End Date]

This expression works fine in all fields except the dateadd field

have you considered that dateadd is a reserved-word in A?

you might get away with using '[dateadd]' where you currently have 'dateadd' but you would be better off not using reserved words for names.

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Date Add Function

This is what is in my field in the query

DueDate: DateAdd("m",12,[CPR])

For criteria I have the expression stated

Between [Forms]![Supervisors Access Form]![Start Date] And [Forms]![Supervisors Access Form]![End Date]

ooops - looks like you know dateadd() is a function: sorry for assuming silly things.

can you do this one-step in A?
    i never tried.

if you don't have a humungous dataset (!!! in A?), try it two-step:
    qry1 does the dateadd
    qry2 returns rows from qry1 matching the Between

izy

Attempted this by making a sub query...still no luck. Is there a way to filter or define criteria based on a projected date?

gotta watch the footie, so someone else needs to step in.
    copy/paste your query SQL view here (one-step & the two-step attempt)

...is it the US-date format gremlin?

izy

Is it possible that one of your 3 date arguments only LOOKS like a date?
    Try enclosing each one in CDATE() and see what happens.
    Inspiration Through Fermentation

Initial Query SQL

SELECT Employees.LastName, Employees.FirstName, Employees.CPR, DateAdd("yyyy",1,[CPR]) AS DueDate
    FROM Employees
    GROUP BY Employees.LastName, Employees.FirstName, Employees.CPR, DateAdd("yyyy",1,[CPR]), Employees.TerminationDate
    HAVING (((Employees.TerminationDate) Is Null)) OR (((DateAdd("yyyy",1,[CPR])) Between [Forms]![Supervisors Access Form]![Start Date] And [Forms]![Supervisors Access Form]![End Date]));

Subquery SQL

SELECT [CPR Update Due].*, [CPR Update Due].DueDate
    FROM [CPR Update Due]
    WHERE ((([CPR Update Due].DueDate) Between [Forms]![Supervisors Access Form]![Start Date] And [Forms]![Supervisors Access Form]![End Date]));

Ignore the first Query SQL, this is the right one. I goofed

SELECT Employees.LastName, Employees.FirstName, Employees.CPR, DateAdd("yyyy",1,[CPR]) AS DueDate
    FROM Employees
    GROUP BY Employees.LastName, Employees.FirstName, Employees.CPR, DateAdd("yyyy",1,[CPR]), Employees.TerminationDate
    HAVING (((DateAdd("yyyy",1,[CPR])) Between [Forms]![Supervisors Access Form]![Start Date] And [Forms]![Supervisors Access Form]![End Date]) AND ((Employees.TerminationDate) Is Null));

REDNECKGEEK

Please provide example. I only have one date argument, I think...I guess what dies CDATE() mean????

CDate = convert to date. This takes data that looks like a date, but is really a string or possibly serial number, and converts it to date, or returns an error if it can't convert. My guess is it's the data you are pulling from the form.

SELECT Employees.LastName, Employees.FirstName, Employees.CPR, DateAdd("yyyy",1,CDATE([CPR])) AS DueDate
    FROM Employees
    HAVING (((Employees.TerminationDate) Is Null)) OR (((DateAdd("yyyy",1,[CPR])) Between CDATE([Forms]![Supervisors Access Form]![Start Date]) And CDATE([Forms]![Supervisors Access Form]![End Date])));
    Inspiration Through Fermentation

Thank You!!! It Works, How Simple!!!!

Thank You