Unanswered: Displaying results of a query in a textbox (form)

I know this should be easy, but can anyone tell me how I can display the results of a query in a form (textbox) using vba. I've tried everything I know from using the 'properties' window to just plain trying to hard code it but nothing is working. Please help!

What is the nature of the data returned by the query?
    (3 columns, 1 row; 1 column, 4 rows; or just 1 piece of data)
    Inspiration Through Fermentation

Okay - what it is, is that I've designed a questionnaire - so there's one text box and 3 checkboxes. All I want to is for the results of a query to populate the text box with the question. So say there are 5 questions in a table, I want each textbox to be populated with a question from the table.

When I use the properties window to link the textbox to the table - it populates the textboxes with the same question.

Is this clear enough for you? So to answer your question, the first questionnaire has 11 textboxes i.e. 1 column, 11 rows ...

just for fun (before i go to watch the footie).

an A query can return Error, Null, 1 row (N fields), 2.4billion rows (N fields)
    ...how could Mr Gates display query returns in a text box without knowing what the 'shape' of the return is?

either

you use a list (or combo) and set your query as .rowsource (handles most cases mentioned above)

or

you use a domain aggregate function that will return you a single value (or Null) that could reasonably be displayed in a textbox, as in:
    myTextBox = dXXXXXXX("myFieldName", "myTableOrQueryName", "ID = 1")
    check out dlookup, dmax etc etc in help and on this site (and don't forget the quotes).

WARNING gurus here will despise you if you use domain aggregate functions: ignore them if d-a funcs suit what you are trying to achieve.

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

crossed-post: use a list and forget d-a

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Thanks. I'll get back to you for any clarification.

Thanks for your help so far but is there just no way I can display the result set of a query in a series of textboxes? The list and combo thing works but doesn't suit the design of the form as what the client wants to see is a list of 'displayed questions' with check boxes next to them similar to what you'd see on, for instance, a survey. Is this possible?

I've read your post multiple times, and it looks to me like your looking to display survey results in a format like:

Code:
    Question                       Yes    No   Sometimes
    ---------                      ----   ---   ---------
    Do You Eat Meat?                                X
    Do You Like Pizza?            X
    Do you own a cat?                   X
    Is that about right?
    Inspiration Through Fermentation