Question Unanswered: Disabling the Ability to Print Forms

I have forms that the users enter data on and often I have a button to make a report of the currently displayed data on these forms. What happens occassionally (not very often) is that a user will not be paying attention and will whack the print icon on the form. This, of course, causes all of the records to be printed out, one by one. This can result in hundreds or thousands of pages, though what usually happens is someone lets out an expletive and runs to the printer to cancel the print job. I would like this icon to work for reports but I see no reason in any part of my application to print out a form, even just one page of a form. So, what I am asking is, is there a way that anyone knows out there that can be used to stop either the printer icon or File...Print, Print Preview from working just for all the forms? Thank you in advance for your time and your replies.

You can create a custom menu bar and/or tool bar via:
    -Right-click on toolbar background
    -Click "Customize"
    -Click "Toolbars"
    -Click "New..."
    -Name the toolbar - it will appear as a floating pop-up
    -Under "Properties" (Customize screen) define whether it is to be a toolbar or menu bar
    -Click on the "Commands" tab and drag whichever functions are necessary to your new toolbar or menu bar (NOT print)
    -Close the Customize screen
    -Open the properties of the form(s) you wish to protect from printing
    -For the toolbar (or menu bar) property, select your new toolbar/menu bar

Now when the form is opened, only the functions you designed your toolbar/menu bar to carry will be displayed.
    thx,
    mlt

Question Thank you...but one more question

The custom toolbar works well, although somewhat time consuming, but I have one more related question. Is there a way to make a toolbar so that users cannot change (add buttons and such) it? My experimentation leads me to believe that if one user changes the toolbar then it will change the toolbar for all users who open the application after that. I thank you in advance for your time and your responses. Btw, I have restricted all the users besides myself from viewing the design of all the forms, reports, macros using native Access security but don't see a way to do that for the toolbar.

Quote Originally Posted by feetdontfailme
    Is there a way to make a toolbar so that users cannot change (add buttons and such) it?
    Hmm... have you tried cutting off their hands?

Provided Answers: 19
    Works for me, sco08y!
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

I tried logging in as a user and clicking "Customize" on the toolbar and got the standard "You do not have exclusive access..." So it appears as long as you have your database permission set such that your users cannot open exclusive, they cannot permanently change the toolbar. They can change it during a session (and therefore, access any of the normal options that security doesn't prevent) but the changes do not save (will not affect other users).
    thx,
    mlt

In the main database window, under Tools > Startup there is an option to disallow the user to change the toolbars. There are a variety of other options as well that will limit the user's ability to edit your program.

tc