Unanswered: Incorrect DB Time...when select SYSDATE...

Hi Guys,
    We are running Oracle9i Database version 9.2.0.7 on SUN Solaris 5.9 SPARC Box.
    MY DB time is incorrect because my OS time is not set correctly and it is slow by 25 minutes than the actual time.
    1. How can i set this OS time without shutting my DB instance.? Is it possible.?
    2. And if i change it withour DB stop, will it have any impact on running of my db after change.?
    3. And the time must store parmanent in OS...If OS is restarted some time then time must be correct.

Pls. help with my queries. Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
    Kamesh Rastogi
    - KR

You have to use a daemon that synchronizes with an internet time server. We are using ntpd on Linux, but it does not seem to exist on our Solaris box... xntpd seems the way to go. I've never used it though, so either "man xntpd" on your solaris box or search on the web. Of course you will have to access the internet from your computer, or from another computer and the synchronize on this one(I hope I'm clear enough ).

1. Yes
    2. I think so
    3. Yes, provided the daemon is configured to start automatically at system boot

HTH & Regards,

rbaraer
    ORA-000TK : No bind variable detected... Shared Pool Alert code 5 - Nuclear query ready .