Thread: query

Question Unanswered: query

Hello. I have created a website using visual web developer express with an access database. what I am trying to figure out is how to structure an sql query.

My database has a table with members and a table with products. Each member offers multiple products. The database is set up so there are multiple rows for each client, the only difference being the products listed.

How do I structure a query that will create a web table that will list one customer and their entire list of products?

Also, how do I do a "search within results" query? I've tried to find this on the msdn site but I am not having any luck.

Any responses are much appreciated.

Can you use the query builder in Access? If so, make the query the way you want it using the QBE grid and then peek into the SQL viewer to see what it looks like. This will get you started with writing SQL, and then I suggest you read a good book.

"Search within results" really means one of two things, both of which return the same thing, although one is more efficient than the other.

The first is: take the second set of criteria AND the first set of criteria and re-run the query.

The second is: run the first query to a recordset and then run the second query against the first recordset.

have fun,
    tc

Ok

ok. tHIS IS THE TEST POST .

HELLO