Unanswered: replication autogenerated procs - interesting ;2 notation

I was looking to modify how the INSERT happens with regards to replication only to find my solution in the proc itself. When I edit the proc this is what I am displayed in SQL QA or EM:

Code:
    SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
    GO
    SET ANSI_NULLS ON
    GO

ALTER procedure "sp_MSins_dboMEETING" @c1 int,@c2 int,@c3 int,@c4 varchar(250),@c5 datetime,@c6 datetime,@c7 bit,@c8 char(1),@c9 datetime,@c10 bit,@c11 bit,@c12 bit,@c13 datetime,@c14 smallint,@c15 datetime,@c16 smallint,@c17 binary(8),@c18 bit,@c19 bit,@c20 bit,@c21 varchar(1000)

AS
    BEGIN

insert into "dbo"."MEETING"( 
    "MEETING_ID", "MEETING_TYPE_ID", "MEETING_STATUS_ID", "TITLE", "START_DATE", "END_DATE", "PUBLISH_IND", "GROUP_IND", "PUBLISH_DATE", "MY_ADVISORS", "SUBMITTED_IND", "ACTIVE_IND", "CREATE_DATE", "CREATED_BY", "LAST_UPDATE_DATE", "LAST_UPDATED_BY", "DATE_INDEXED", "ON_DEMAND_IND", "NOT_REPORTED_IND", "MAJOR_PROJECT_IND", "MAJOR_PROJECT_COMMENT"
     )

values ( 
    @c1, @c2, @c3, @c4, @c5, @c6, @c7, @c8, @c9, @c10, @c11, @c12, @c13, @c14, @c15, @c16, @c17, @c18, @c19, @c20, @c21
     )

END

GO

create procedure "sp_MSins_dboMEETING";2 @c1 int,@c2 int,@c3 int,@c4 varchar(250),@c5 datetime,@c6 datetime,@c7 bit,@c8 char(1),@c9 datetime,@c10 bit,@c11 bit,@c12 bit,@c13 datetime,@c14 smallint,@c15 datetime,@c16 smallint,@c17 binary(8),@c18 bit,@c19 bit,@c20 bit,@c21 varchar(1000)
    as
    if exists ( select * from "dbo"."MEETING"
    where "MEETING_ID" = @c1
    )
    begin
    update "dbo"."MEETING" set "MEETING_TYPE_ID" = @c2,"MEETING_STATUS_ID" = @c3,"TITLE" = @c4,"START_DATE" = @c5,"END_DATE" = @c6,"PUBLISH_IND" = @c7,"GROUP_IND" = @c8,"PUBLISH_DATE" = @c9,"MY_ADVISORS" = @c10,"SUBMITTED_IND" = @c11,"ACTIVE_IND" = @c12,"CREATE_DATE" = @c13,"CREATED_BY" = @c14,"LAST_UPDATE_DATE" = @c15,"LAST_UPDATED_BY" = @c16,"DATE_INDEXED" = @c17,"ON_DEMAND_IND" = @c18,"NOT_REPORTED_IND" = @c19,"MAJOR_PROJECT_IND" = @c20,"MAJOR_PROJECT_COMMENT" = @c21
    where "MEETING_ID" = @c1
    end
    else
    begin
    insert into "dbo"."MEETING" ( "MEETING_ID","MEETING_TYPE_ID","MEETING_STATUS_ID","TITLE","START_DATE","END_DATE","PUBLISH_IND","GROUP_IND","PUBLISH_DATE","MY_ADVISORS","SUBMITTED_IND","ACTIVE_IND","CREATE_DATE","CREATED_BY","LAST_UPDATE_DATE","LAST_UPDATED_BY","DATE_INDEXED","ON_DEMAND_IND","NOT_REPORTED_IND","MAJOR_PROJECT_IND","MAJOR_PROJECT_COMMENT" ) values ( @c1,@c2,@c3,@c4,@c5,@c6,@c7,@c8,@c9,@c10,@c11,@c12,@c13,@c14,@c15,@c16,@c17,@c18,@c19,@c20,@c21 )
    end

GO
    SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER OFF
    GO
    SET ANSI_NULLS ON 
    GO
    Is the second version listed at the bottom like a comment or can it actually get called? I am going to script out all of these procs and save them, and then remove the first version (listed at the top) and the use the second version since it does what I need. I just thought it was interesting to see two stored procedures in a single definition, never seen the "PROC_NAME";2 notation, have you? If so please tell me what it does, is it just a way to create a second version of the procedure in a comment type fashion or is it used another way?

Provided Answers: 1
    From Books online's Create Procedure reference
    Code:
    ;number
    Is an optional integer used to group procedures of the same name so they can be
    dropped together with a single DROP PROCEDURE statement. For example, the
    procedures used with an application called orders may be named orderproc;1,
    orderproc;2, and so on. The statement DROP PROCEDURE orderproc drops the
    entire group. If the name contains delimited identifiers, the number should
    not be included as part of the identifier; use the appropriate delimiter around
    procedure_name only.
    I'll admit that I have neither used this functionality, nor ever seen it used. It may be that the application specifies which version of the procedure is executed by including the number in the call. And in that case, I wouldn't go dropping or commenting out the code, since it could break your app.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com