Unanswered: Bounding Fields In A Form Problem

Hello,

I am having trouble bounding form fields that I have created to show data.

In summary:

I created a Form with a bound table that will enable me to scroll thru records. When a record comes up I want to be able to use a combo box to bring up the applicable correponding information based on the record and combo box option chosen. Upon choosing which option I would like from the combo box I would like the default data to come up in the empty fields that correspond to the option I chose in the drop down box. I would also like to input data on empty fields and save the whole record.

Is this feasible?

Thx

PE

Is this feasible?
    of course it is. you'll need to do a bit of development, however.

tc

Quote Originally Posted by tcace
    of course it is. you'll need to do a bit of development, however.

tc
    Glad to see that my snarky/cheeky answers to questions like this is starting rub off on others ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Can you please give me insight into how to do it? I have the drop box ready but it is unbound. First of all how do I bound the drop down combo box?

The combo box is just a fancy text box - it has a record source property in which you can assign the related field too. Of course, the form must be bound first.

As originally asked, your question would require some code development and you more recent question implies you are new to Access. I suggest browsing the forum, skimming the help files and getting a good book.

good luck