Unanswered: Concatenate to Memo Field on a Report

Using Access 2003, I am trying to economize on report lines by displaying appended information at the end of a memo field if a condition is met. The report will display an ID # only if it is not 999999. Reports are displayed using forms. I've tried this in my report query:

Appended_Comments:IIf([ID_NO]<> 999999,[MemoField] & "Bid ID #: " & [ID_NO],[MemoField])

This displays truncated text from the memo field. If there is no way to append, I will put the conditional-display field directly below the memo field on the report, which will add a line at the bottom of every record on the report.

It would be a nice feature to eliminate blank lines on a landscape report that is already maxed out on columns of information.

Jerry

Is your memo field too long? To test out your concatenation (which appears to be ok) switch the order and see what the result is. In other words, try:

Appended_Comments:IIf([ID_NO]<> 999999,"Bid ID #: " & [ID_NO] & [MemoField],[MemoField])

Also, for your "blank lines", set the height = 0.0007" (the smallest value allowed) and set Allow Grow = True and the blank lines effectively disappear.

good luck,
    tc

tc, your soulution to set the report field (ID_NO) height to .0007 and "Can Grow" to "Yes" allows me to put that field under a memo field and have it appear that it is appended to the memo field on a new line. No noticable report space is taken (no blank line) where the field has no value for a record.
    In the report query I have defined ID_NO 999999, which represents "UNKNOWN" in the datbase, to Null for reporting purposes:
    ID_NO: IIf([Bid_NO]=999999,Null,"Bid #: " & [Bid_NO])

Thanks.
    Jerry