Unanswered: Access Crashes Filtering a Linked SQL Table on a date field

I have an MS Access 2002 application that is distributed to a number of PCs around our office. The data for this application is stored on a central SQL Server that is linked in through ODBC.

This application has been in place for two years and working fine. We recently formatted and restored a PC, and now that particular PC has issues with the Access application.

Every time it tries to filter one of the linked SQL tables on a date field, Access goes unresponsive and GPFs out. If it's in a query that is behind a report, I get the old standard 'Catastrophic Failure'. If I open the table and right-click filter or run a query manually, Access GPFs.

I've tried recreating the ODBC, linking the tables through TCP/IP as well as Named Pipes. Nothing fixes it. All Windows and Office updates have been applied. This is not the first time we've reformatted a PC in the office, but we've never had this issue.

Has anyone run across this before?

Thanks!

-Ben

Your OEM Restore platform may have missed something. Try rebuilding the system from scratch (forget about any Restore mechanisms).

Environment:
    Self Taught In ALL Environments.....And It Shows!

Ahh,

Was not an OEM restore. Formatted and XP installed Clean, updated through Windows Update, drivers (from Dell) from their CD. Office installed clean from an Office XP CD, updated from Office Update live online.

Thanks though, that was a good idea.

-Ben