Unanswered: detection of user logon using vba

Hi all,

let me explain what i need to do first, i need to create a program which will count the number of minutes a person has gone for meeting, timeoff, etc.
    I am going to add a button for the user to click on the excel sheet, when they leave for meeting, however, when they come back, they might have forgot to turn off the counter by clicking the button again. I wish to ask if that possible to detect (using vba)when the user has logon to the pc, then i will auto turn off the counter, just in case they will forget.

Thanks.

not the answer you need but, why not create a form the size of the screen, and when the person returns, they can close the form and then click the button or, add the new button to the form, i know its crude but... only quick ans i have, dont know about the other way

Quote Originally Posted by MikeroSoft
    not the answer you need but, why not create a form the size of the screen, and when the person returns, they can close the form and then click the button or, add the new button to the form, i know its crude but... only quick ans i have, dont know about the other way
    hm...probably not, maybe this will come at the very last options, as a programmer, i would say this is cheating, lol... (please dont be upset) i appreciate your suggestion, i would have to say, is a good simple idea

Any more suggestion, please write in. Thanks