Question Unanswered: What are the implications of setting Subdatasheet Name Property to none?

Hi everyone,

This idea of setting the back end tables' subdatasheet name property to none from default auto is pretty new to me.

I was able to implement it to a copy of my database with relative ease, but I would have to ask, what happens when I do set the subdatasheet name property to None? Aside from supposedly speed up MS Access operation.

I have very little idea on what the setting is supposed to do for me, so I would certainly appreciate it if everyone in the know could provide some explanation on this. Does it have a downside to it?

thanks,
    Last edited by syntaxerror; 06-30-06 at 04:20.
    Only quitters quit!

Well, there's no subdatasheet when you're in datasheet view in tables (the little "+" sign at the left hand side allowing to expand to subdatasheet), which means there's really no implications at all, since you're never going to expose that to the user (or the other way around, not expose the user for this view). The user would work only with forms/reports.
    Roy-Vidar

I've never used subdatasheets, they seem to work in the same way subforms work with forms. I can't appreciate the use of these, or am I missing something?
    Only quitters quit!

No, I don't think you're missing anything. This "feature" is simply not used. Same with macros (xcept AutoKeys/AutoExcel for some) and table level lookups.

Some more info
    http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;275085
    Roy-Vidar

Thanks

I guess there is no reason why I shouldn't go ahead with setting the property to none.
    Only quitters quit!