Unanswered: Automate queries?

I am new to Access and am trying to accomplish the following. Any help would be appreciated.

Table 1 = survey_id, q1, q2
    Table 2 = results_id, results, survey_id

When a user fills out a survery the answers post to Table 1, a query adds them together and posts the sum in results (Table 2). I also want to associate the result with the survey_id from Table 1.

I have everything going properly except for the automatic part. The data does not auto post to Table 2 nor does the survey_id. Is this possible to do?

Thanks in advance

It certainly is possible ... How do you want this to post automatically? What is your mechanism for posting to table1? That mechanism (button, or whatever) should have an event you could use to calculate then write out the result to the other table as you desire ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

I am using ASP to collect the data. This is to be an online survey. The mechanism is a submit button. When clicked it collects the form data and populates a new record in Table 1.

I then want the Access query to add the results of the new record and put them into Table 2.

Do you think it would be better to do my calculation and population of the Table 2 (results) table through ASP instead of an internal Access query?

Any leads on how I can build this calculation? It is simple math --

Thanks again