Unanswered: Hide textbox in detail form

Hi,

I need to hide a textbox in a detail part of a form, but the problem is that when I use a Me.Form!txtbox.Visible = False, I got all the textboxes from all the rows hide, and I just want to hide the current row...

anyone has a solution?

thanks

Punch

Provided Answers: 19
    My guess is that this is a continuous form. As such, most of anything you do to a field is reflected in that field throughout ALL the records. If you're using Access 2000 or later version, you may be able to accomplish your task using conditional formatting for the control!
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

yes, its access 2003, could you explain me about use conditional formatting for the control?

thanx

While in design view, select the TextBox then select the menu items, Format | Conditional Formating...

Environment:
    Self Taught In ALL Environments.....And It Shows!

hi, there's no conditional format option on format properties from textbox...

ok, so try this:

1) Conditional Formatting: set the text color the same as the background color when you want the valure "hidden"

2) Old School: make the text field not visible and add a second text field with an immediate iff statemement that displays Null when you want the value hidden, otherwise, display the item.

have fun,
    tc

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by chicagopunch
    hi, there's no conditional format option on format properties from textbox...
    At the top of your screen, should say something like "File, Edit, View, Insert, Format". That is where you will see Conditional Formatting, once you have clicked on the control in question.
    I have a ContinuousForm for Tool check in/out and want each line to be gray when a tool is check out. "Out" is a field that says either IN or OUT. This way as soon as the tool is checked Out the line grays. But still the entire line (record) is grayed out. Well, back up a bit, I did this Conditional Formatting in each field across the form. There is possibly a way in Code to do the same, but I did the quick and simple and it works well.

have a nice one,
    BUD