Unanswered: ASE on HP-UX itanium 64 bit cluster

Hi all,how can i instal sybase ASE as active /passive cluster on HP-UX itanium 64 bit without use of HA option.
    The cluster is 2 node servers with serviceguard installed.
    Can i have a reference.
    thanks

I find Sybase HA totally useless in an ACTIVE-PASSIVE scenario besides they don't support HP Serviceguard for A/P.

To be honest, I haven't come across anyone that has setup A/P on Serviceguard. I suppose it should work, you would still need to get your hands on some of the scripts distributed as part of the HA option, like the ASE_HA.sh, the package and server configuration scripts.

Then, I suppose create one package script that monitors if ASE is alive via 'probe' login. The best way to do this is run select getdate() and pipe to null. For return code <>0, serviceguard initiates a failover.

Goodluck...

reply for HA-Ux itanium

Thank you very much for your reply.
    Let me add some details to the proplem:
    I want to install sybase ASE 12.5.2 for HP-UX itanium 64 (which does not include ha option license), with utilization of serviceguard software that installed in the two node servers.
    I want to configure a package that when sybase server1 is down , it failover into second node using serviceguard clustering cabability.
    All load is on server1 (limited number of users), and server 2 is only for failover, no load balance is needed.
    The steps in ha_avail 12.5.3 manual is for active/active HP-UX itanium. Serviceguard administrator need document describing how to apply clustering in sybase, and he can configure the package.
    SYBASE did not provide on its site, any tech doc for HP-UX , although i found one for windows clustering?!

thanks,
    moh

As I mentioned earlier, Sybase don't support it and there ain't any docs for A/P on HP.

Your best bet is to refer to existing SC-3_0(these come only with the HA option) scripts in the $SYBASE folder and emulate that for HP. Of course, Serviceguard is completely different to SC and will need a lot tweaking.