Question Unanswered: Object doesn't contain the automation object

I am using access to make a database of the computer images that we store. My input uses a form (customers' table) with a subform (customers' images).

All is well until I create a new image on the sub form. When I type the first letter of the image name the following error appears:

The object doesn't contain the Automation object 'LiveImageManagementTBL.'

You tried to run a Visual Basic procedure to set a property or method for an object. However, the component doesn't make the property or method available for Automation operations.

Check the component's documentation for information on the properties and methods it makes available for Automation operations.
    Once I click OK on the error message the form continues as normal.

I would be grateful if somebody can shed any light on the cause of the problem.

One Flump in One Place
    Hi Alwyn

Welcome to the forum

The accepted wisdom (which is someone's cue to contradict me) is to store images on a file system and store only the path to the images in the database. Databases are good at storing and buggering about with data. File systems are good with files. Take advantage of their relevent areas of expertise. If you try searching you should find loads of techniques for this (I've posted a couple myself).

This is not a direct answer however you would no longer be concerning yourself with images and associated controls so it is likely to have the side effect of sorting out your problem

pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Thanks for the advice, which I have taken onboard and have used. Unfortunately it hasn't solved my problem though.

Any other ideas?

outside the rim
    Are you physically storing the images in the data table? If so, what data type, OLE or something custom?

The error pertains to a custom object. Can you provide a little more detail about how your form is assembled - that may shed some light on what is triggering the error, especially if the form works otherwise (or does it?)

oh, btw, I agree with pootle. Data types outside those available in a regular table (text, numbers, dates, etc.) are very inefficiently stored in Access. I'd use an external HD enclosure and a set of hard drives. Key of the volume serial number or some sort of user entered code and use the DB to store the relational information (customer name, image date, image file name, etc.)

If you really want to store a file in Access, I have posted code on how to store any file type in raw binary, which is extremely efficient (1 to 1), BUT, I suspect the images here are pretty big and this process will probably be slow - I've never tried it on a really big file.