Unanswered: sybase uninitialized logical page error

Hi
    I use sybase ASE 12.0 which is replicated using replication server. In
    recent days i am getting following error in my error file.

00:00000:00006:2006/06/14 12:04:43.36 server Error: 692, Severity: 20,
    State: 1
    00:00000:00006:2006/06/14 12:04:43.36 server Uninitialized logical page
    '28825' was read while accessing object '8' in database '4'. Please
    contact Sybase Technical Support.

any idea, how to solve this uninitialisation error?

Regards
    Guru

It looks like your syslogs table is corrupted, which is never a good thing...

Please read up on error 692 in the Trouble Shooting manual to see if there is a recovery method that is applicable to your site. If there isn't then a drop/recreation of the database may be necessary.

Michael

This isn't real corruption. This is normal in an replicated environment when you have refershed the primary. The Rep Agent is looking for a wrong page.

You need to do a rs_zeroltm and then dbcc settrunc(ltm,ignore) and valid to get it going.

Hi
    You are correct. When I set to ignore LTM, i am not getting that error in log. But Once i set LTM to ignore, I will not able to replicate from database. I need replication also. When i need replication, how to solve this problem.

Uninitialized logical page 349143 was read while accessing object
    2092534488 in database.

You need to do an ltm ignore and rs_zeroltm in the RSSD. Then do an ltm valid. This resets the sec trunc marker and starts replication from that point onwards.

This mainly happens because of primary database refersh in an replicated environment

After run rs_zeroltm our replicate system does not replicate in one way

Quote Originally Posted by willy_and_the_ci View Post
    You need to do an ltm ignore and rs_zeroltm in the RSSD. Then do an ltm valid. This resets the sec trunc marker and starts replication from that point onwards.

This mainly happens because of primary database refersh in an replicated environment
    After run rs_zeroltm:

a) The error of logical page disappears and the rep agents start up in the DB with the issue.
    but
    b) After run rs_zeroltm our replicate system does not replicate in one way on the primary DB where we execute the rs_locator, we already check everything is ok and the DB and REp error log does not show any information related

Anyone know what is wrong or missing to execute.