Unanswered: how to have system Auto Answer yes to prompt

Hello All,

Ok here is what I need to do. I am updating many records. I have a script go through and strip out characters i don't want. (Thanks to posts here on dBForums I was able to learn how to do that)

Once I update the value of the field I execute the following sql command.

DoCmd.RunSQL "UPDATE MembershipUpdate SET MembershipUpdate.[C Home #] = " & StripPhoneNumber & " WHERE (((MembershipUpdate.[ID])= " & lngRecordNumber & "))"

Which works great but I receive the "You are about to update 1 row(s) yes or now.

I am executing this code and know that it's going to be updating records which is why I had to run the code in the first place.

How do I make the system not prompt me for this and just update the record? Is there any way to be able to do this in code?

As always thanks for the help.

DoCmd.SetWarnings False

This causes Access to use the default answer in message boxes. Make sure you turn warnings back on immediatly after your update though!

tc

Thanks for quick response

Thank you very much My yes clicking days are over

Mythos

much faster, much safer:
    currentdb.execute "UPDATE blah blah blah....."

faster: uses the intrinsic DAO-ness of ALL access forms (all revs!) rather than force-fitting the DAO-ness of the form into the ADO model.

safer: errors will not leave you with .warnings off since you dont play with warnings at any time.

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by izyrider
    much faster, much safer:
    currentdb.execute "UPDATE blah blah blah....."

faster: uses the intrinsic DAO-ness of ALL access forms (all revs!) rather than force-fitting the DAO-ness of the form into the ADO model.

safer: errors will not leave you with .warnings off since you dont play with warnings at any time.

izy
    Here, here....I too agree with Izy....that is the best way, because people usually tend to forget at times to end with SetWarnings = True to get things back in order.

BUDster