Unanswered: Copying Combo Boxes

I have created a sheet with several comboboxes and everything works fine. My problem is that when I try to copy the worksheet and paste it to a new worksheet, everything copies and pastes but the comboboxes (that is unless I have it on design mode, at which point I have to go and copy the boxes and paste them onto the new sheet seperately). Is there a setting in the properties that allows for the boxes to be copied freely without having it on design mode?

Howdy. Not with Combo boxes.

Interestingly, Rob Bovey, Stephen Bullen, and John Green who wrote the recent book: Professional Excel Development: The Definitive Guide to Developing Applications Using Microsoft Excel and VBA recommend staying away from Combo boxes if possible. Personally I have not used any combo boxes for the last three years.
    old, slow, and confused
    but at least I'm inconsistent!

Rich
    (retired Excel 2003 user, 3/28/2008)

How to ask a question on forums

How are you copying the worksheet?

Just a straight select all (Ctrl+A), Copy (Crtl+C) then paste (Crtl+V).

That would only copy cells.

This is because you have the worksheet protected to prevent the combo box from being selected and altered. To copy the entire worksheet with the controls you can right-click the sheet tab and select "Move or Copy" from the shortcut menu. Use the copy dialog to move or copy to another workbook or a new workbook. You could also unlock the sheet before attempting to copy, that should allow you to cut and paste to copy data and controls from a worksheet.

A way to add controls to the worksheet without using the on-sheet Form controls is to use 'Validation...' (found on the 'Data' menu) check the option to include an "in-cell dropdown" for list values. The dropdowns slow data entry for the experienced user, but may help novice uers.
    ~

Bill