Unanswered: Calculation in a form

I have the following feilds on a form

Name
    Animal Type
    No of Animals
    Amount

What I want to do is have the "Amount" automatically calcute itself. I have 2 tables, one where all this data gets sent too and another table that contains the types of animals and how much each is worth. Once I have typed the name, animal type and no of animals in, when i then tab to the amount field I want this field to look up the animal table, match the type of animal and get the price of that animal and then times it by the no of animals entered on the current form. Now the easiest way I can think of this is to create a query to calculate this amount, that is no problem, but how do i then gets this figure back into the current form.

Once this problem is solved is it possible then to have the information I typed on the screen printed out on a report without having to change screens. ie use the print command?

Thanks in advance.

Use a DLookup in the control source of a textbox on your form.

I thought DLookup could only get data from another table. I need data from a query.

Dlookup will work with a query as a well as a table. Seach for dlookup in Access help for details. If you use dlookup, you can hit the animal table directly to fill the textbox on your form.