Unanswered: Access 2003 Distribution and Win XP SP2

Hello all,

I haven't been around for a bit, and I hope you are all well.........good to see some great changes happening here. Apologies if this has come up before, but last time I was here the Search facility didn't work. Does it now?

Question:

I created an Access 2003 app for a client. The mdb is in Access 2000 format. The packaging was done with the Office XP Packager with, as far as I can make out, all the latest patches applied. It includes the Access XP runtime, again with the latest patches.

The App installs perfectly, and runs perfectly, on machines with WinXP Service Pack 1. It also runs perfectly on my own machine which is running Win 2K with the latest patches.

But those with Win XP SP2, upon trying the installation, are saying that there are missing files which have to be installed in order to install the app. Typically from MS, it doesn't say which. I thought it might be the version of MDAC, but that didn't work.

There seems to be a difference between SP1 and SP2 here. Has anybody found this problem before and knows the solution? All machines are running the latest version of MS Installer.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Andy
    Andy Briggs
    Elmhurst Solutions Limited
    Database Development and Consultancy
    http://www.elmhurstsolutions.com

Hello all,

I really need a solution to the above problem quite urgently. I've searched everywhere and have drawn a complete blank. Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance for any help

Andy
    Andy Briggs

Missing files

Just a thought...

Have you tried copying and opening the mdb on the machines with SP2 and then look at the references? Perhaps a different reference is somehow used in SP2 verses SP1. (I haven't seen this yet but it's something you can maybe take a look at.)
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

Many thanks for your reply, pkstormy.

It's actually not the mdb which is the problem. It's the setup program which says it's missing some files, but doesn't say which. I can open the mdb without problem under SP1 and SP2. Somewhere the packager seems to be missing something as far as SP2 is concerned.

Many thanks

Andy
    Andy Briggs

Packager

Sorry Andy,

I haven't worked with the Office XP Packager. Anyone else?
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)