I was wondering it is possible to get a report look like below in access

got a main table where all is stored it has:

Rec No
    Date
    Name
    Accommodation
    Payment Option
    Amount

I have another table that lists the types of accommodation and another that lists the different payment options.

What I want the report to look like the attachement.

Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Report.JPG  

Hi P3t3

Yes it is certainly possible with a load of conditional statements. To kick you off:
    Code:
    SELECT [Date], Recno, Iif(Accommodation = "Unpowered" AND [Payment Option] = "Cash", Amount) AS Unpowered_Cash
    FROM MyTable
    You would need two more conditional statements for Unpowered, 3 for Powered, 3 for Bunk House etc etc.

HTH
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Quote Originally Posted by pootle flump
    Hi P3t3

Yes it is certainly possible with a load of conditional statements. To kick you off:
    Code:
    SELECT [Date], Recno, Iif(Accommodation = "Unpowered" AND [Payment Option] = "Cash", Amount) AS Unpowered_Cash
    FROM MyTable
    You would need two more conditional statements for Unpowered, 3 for Powered, 3 for Bunk House etc etc.

HTH
    Hey Poots,

I wouldn't even bother with trying to do this thing in a single query ... Way too complicated as you noted. I'd do this in VBA querying for the raw data then applying the logic to slot each payment into the appropriate slot. I'm trying to figure out the example where on the left there's nothing but the last row of zeroes ... Is that line a subtotal or total I wonder ... If there is detail I wonder where it goes ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Yeah the zero's are all totals, could do without all the totals on the right and just have the ones down the bottom.