i have a problem with oracle forms (6i). forms is installed under winXP. now we want to run the forms on a linux server (redhat) with oracle 10g. can anybody help me?i couldn't find any help at google.de .i want to know how have i to proceed that the oracle forms run under linux.
Are you using the same fmx file compiled under winXP??
What you should do is to copy the fmb file into the linux server and recompile it there.
i use the fmb files under xp. how can i recompile the files? ich have access to the server via telnet with terminal. do i have to install any necessary software at the server to recompile the files?i have installed the oracle developer.
sorry but i not to be very well versed in oracle.
- Copy the .FMB file(s) from MS Windows XP computer to the Linux computer.
- Install Oracle Developer Suite (6i) on the Linux computer.
- Make sure you can connect from the Linux computer to the database (which can be anywhere, doesn't matter which operating system runs on the database server).
- Start Forms Builder on the Linux computer.
- Connect to the remote database.
- Open one of your .FMB's.
- Recompile, save, create the .FMX version.
You must be getting some kind of error, don't you?
I'm sure an environment variable is missing, check ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID, etc.
By the way, f90gen.sh is a shell script inside the <ORACLE_HOME>/bin directory, so you must either run the script in that directory or add it to the PATH env var.
If you need more help, post the error and the your env configuration.