Unanswered: Reading DTS logs on structured storage file

Our DTS packages are saved as structured storage files. I can find instructions on accessing log files for locally saved DTS packages but not the kind we use.

Can someone help?

DTS logs are separate disk files and has nothing to do with how the package was saved......where the problem is?

I don't know; we don't get to run our own DTS packages, the DBAs do it. We don't have access to any of the logs but my supervisor wants them, whether the package was successful or not. He wants me to change my DTS package so the log is saved, then e-mailed to us. I can't make our DTS packages send us e-mail anyway...we're on Lotus Notes and have no access to an Exchange Server.

So...my answer to him was 'no', but he won't accept it.

I understand that this is a complex I, we, they scenario...... It was mentioned that you do not run the packages and neither do you have access to any logs but it was not mentioned who creates those packages..... whoever creates them can click on "package" menu and select the "logging tab" to enable writing log to any disk file by providing the file name and can also enable writing to windows event log.

Provided Answers: 54
    You can email using Lotus Notes if you have the Notes client installed on the SQL Server, or if the SMTP server will accept relays from the SQL Server. The process is a bit different, but I've cracked that nut before and I can probably find the code if you can describe which environment you want to target and provide me with some of the details.

-PatP