Thread: Important Q.

Question Important Q.

Its my first time in a forum like this and im kind of new to DBs but i have a very iportant Q so if some one can help me will be great or direct me to the correct forum to ask or where to finde teh info i need.

My Q is the following i need to know what DB shgould i use if i need to present the info over the internet, very fast to multiple users, user frendly is a plus.

Thanks in advance for the help!

you can pretty much use whatever database you want to use

do you have a host for your web site? based on your question i think it's unlikely that you are planning to host the site on your own server, so i would suggest using whatever database your host supports
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Important Q

well i would probably be using a host to try out but i will certanly be hosting my own DB for porpouses of security and performance.

Im looking for the program that will provide the best query performance ive i have to pay for it to have it made then i will, but my main concer is that the BD needs to be queried over the internet.

I will even buy a PC tailered to the program needs..

so whant can you sugest?

i suggest you purchase a very small account at a reputable web host and concentrate on building the application using their servers

one of the easiest databases to learn is mysql, and this is also one of the most commonly offered hosted database solutions
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca

Important Q

Im going to be handling a bunch load of info do you think that mySQL can handle that efectively? its mainly going to be raw data and the presentation on the internet is going to be standar for every one.

the users will do a serch by id number and the info will have the same format for every one. i need hi security and its not a requirement that i know how to use it right of the bat.

yes, mysql will do that easily

of course, "a bunch load" is subjective, isn't it
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca

well sorry for that to give you an actual number im looking fward to hawe 3 million ids each one with his respective info that is what i consider a "buch Load"