Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Terrapin Nation
    Posts
    205

    Thumbs down Unanswered: Corrupt Table Alert

    I have a table that has a bunch of #Error in it. I have seen stuff like this before but usually it is chinease characters. Anyway when you query the table to try to export it the whole dB shuts down. I tried JetComp. I found that iterating the values with VBA is not working either. Any ideas how I can retrive the good data or am I stuck with grabbing a copy of the table from tape?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    3,713
    Compact & Repair not working? It's the only way to clear the #error in the data ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Terrapin Nation
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by M Owen
    Compact & Repair not working? It's the only way to clear the #error in the data ...

    Nope...not working. Daamn it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    3,713
    Quote Originally Posted by TerpInMD
    Nope...not working. Daamn it.
    Does it at least run the compact? Or is this a "can't even repair the damn DB"? If so, try running an ODBC repair thru a DSN ... Of course, back the file up before doing so ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Terrapin Nation
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by M Owen
    Does it at least run the compact? Or is this a "can't even repair the damn DB"? If so, try running an ODBC repair thru a DSN ... Of course, back the file up before doing so ...


    it starts the compact but does not finish it. i am trying your idea now....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    3,713
    What's the verdict???? We're all waiting with baited breath ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Terrapin Nation
    Posts
    205
    The repair didn’t work but I recovered the data. Here is what I did:

    Copied the structure of the corrupted table to a new database.
    Opened the corrupted table (the corrupted table always has opened but returned errors when you navigated to the corrupted records).
    CUT the data from the corrupted tables.
    “Entered” through all the errors and warnings during the CUT.
    Pasted the rows into the cloned table in the new dB.
    It pasted all the records less the corrupted ones (55 of them). It put the corrupted records in a paste_errors tables.

    The total number of paste_error records plus the records in my new table equaled the total number of records in the corrupted table.

    SWEET!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •