Unanswered: Filmaker & Internet ????????

hi,

Currently working on updating my database, What i want to ask is if filmaker pro offers the capability to host on a webserver then access it through two different computers.

I basicly want to have the database running on my server. I then want to access it and update it from the two stores. I also want the updates to affect the website, so that when we sell an item its removed from the site.

We sell guitars etc by the way if that changes anything...

I want to use filmaker as i like the layout and ease of use but am aware of MYSQL etc...

Any ideas on how to achieve this please say,

cheers

elliot

Yes, FileMaker databases can be accessed remotely. You would need to decide if you want to purchase a copy of FileMaker for each workstation (plus host) and get all the features of FileMaker, or host the databases through Instant Web Publishing. While Instant Web Publishing is convenient for its availability through a web browser, it has the limitations of a web browser.

Thanks for the reply, One last thing im currently setting up the database in layout view and am trying to incorporate a sale button to decrease the stock by 1. I cant seem to get it to work, any ideas (made the script in the script editor - shown in screen shot) http://static.flickr.com/53/18723855...706028.jpg?v=0

cheer

elliot

Try the Set Field[] script step.

oh, i get some knowledge here.